What do you get when you take the daughter of a ‘70s rockstar … add a dash of supernatural mysticism … an innate knack for marketing + branding … a lifetime of drumming + music … and a fascination with mythology + depth psychology?
You get something pretty wild, that’s for sure.
You get me.
I’m Kris Oster, PhD. I’m a scholar of mythology + archetypal psychology, who happens to be skilled at marketing + business design, who happens to be a writer, musician and entrepreneur. And that’s just the tip of the mermaid’s tail.
Companies hire me when they need a spark of imaginative mysticism, to jolt a department into action — or dive ten fathoms deeper into a marketing campaign.
Entrepreneurs hire me when they need a serious celestial shake-up. Fresh priorities. Vibrant branding. A clear sense of their story — their personal mythology. And more.
When I’m not jamming with business owners, I’m playing my congas, working on my forthcoming memoir, going on dates with my sexy husband, playing in the surf with my 4-year old girl, or talking to Mer-Angels. Yup. Literally.
I believe I was put on the planet, first + foremost, as a healer.
I happen to work my healing magic through marketing (which is really about storytelling) and branding (which is really about personal clarity) and business development (which is really about fulfilling your destiny).
: If you’re looking for a mermaid-inspired business mentor (and who isn’t?) you can explore my 90-day 1-on-1 program, right here.
: If you’re looking for an energy-shifting, eyebrow-raising, never-thought-of-it-like-that kinda speaker, you can explore my signature workshops, over here.
: If you want to peek at my professional credentials, published papers + mighty degrees, this is the spot.
: If you want to go on a sonic vision quest (from the comfort of your living room) you can grab my latest album.
Enjoy your plunge into my entrepreneurial water-world.
Write anytime. And when you do, remember: I LOVE a good story.
7 truths about my life + career
(for the especially curious)
1. As a marketing director + lead website developer, I’ve worked for Citrix Online, E! Entertainment Television, Disney, ABC, Paramount Pictures and Laundry by Shelli Segal. Once, I made my employer $1 million with a single e-newsletter. Not bad, for a “hippie drummer chick.”
2. I hold a PhD in Mythological Studies with an Emphasis in Depth Psychology, and I wrote my dissertation on Feminine Dynamism in Brazilian Candomblé. Most awesome degree ever? Quite possibly.
3. My dad was the original drummer for CHICAGO — one of the longest-running + most successful bands in history. I used to sneak into his practice room and bang on his drum set. Which was so not allowed.
4. Speaking of drumming — I LOVE the congas. I’ve studied with percussive luminaries like Luis Conte (Madonna’s drummer of choice). He calls me “the Natural.” ‘Cause I’ve got rhythm.
5. And speaking of rhythm — I LOVE teaching. I’ve been teaching online courses on esoteric mysticism, mythology + archetypes for over 6 years. For me, teaching is all about helping my students understand their own stories — their impulses, desires + creative rhythms — just a little bit better.
6. I’m not a perfect entrepreneur. Shocker, I know. I procrastinate, make mistakes, get timid, invest in things I (maybe) shouldn’t, and read other people’s blogs when I ought to be working on my own. But 9 times out of 10, my business-intuition is spot on. And like most human beings, I teach the lessons I need to learn …
7. I want you to be in your element — in life, business, and everywhere you travel.
Like a mermaid basking on the rocks, with her tail draped in the water. Poised. Present. Seductive. Empowered. Whether you’re leading an legion of cubicle warriors, or creating a business of your very own … I want you to shine, like a myth-in-the-making.