If you want to become a legend (without the sleazoid marketing tactics) and light up your audience like 10,000 fireflies (without burning the candle at both ends), then it’s time to break up with “normal” marketing.
Soooo heart-wrenching, I know … because I had to do it years ago.
After working with hundreds of soulful + creative entrepreneurs, I’ve noticed a few dozen patterns (and I’ll just name a few here):
Once upon a time I was a rock star marketing director and lead producer for some pretty big name corporations.
In 2011, I finally left the corporate world to weave my own fairytale as an entrepreneur, author … and be the mother I’ve always wanted to be for my little faery princess!
My adventures have brought me to a place where I can recognize other entrepreneurs’ archetypal resonances and help them create more provocative brands with unforgettable wordsmithing and strategic positioning. The results are nothing less than supernatural: sales doubled in 60 days or less and newsletter signups tripled in just under 3 months. Businesses soaked through and through with pleasure.
I want you to be in your element — in life, business, and everywhere you travel. Poised. Present. Seductive. Empowered. Whether you’re leading a legion of cubicle warriors, or creating a business of your very own …
I want you to shine, like a myth-in-the-making.
STRAIGHT, NO CHASER, my signature wordsmith + brand strategy package can get you there.
Choose from two options that can help you sparkle up your brand or build it from the ground up.
We work together to get clear-as-vodka on the archetypal resonances you bring to your brand and I help you write unforgettable copy for your website, blog, newsletters and/or social media.
Find out more on my WORK WITH ME page!
(for the especially curious)
1. I published my first non-fiction book in 2015 — after nearly losing the whole FINAL manuscript in a Dropbox debaucle! It’s entitled Return to Enchantment: Your Guide to Creating a Magical Livelihood. It hit #9 on the Amazon Best Seller list in the Women and Small Business category.
2. My dad was the original drummer for CHICAGO — one of the longest-running + most successful bands in history. I used to sneak into his practice room and bang on his drum set. Which was so not allowed.
3. Speaking of drumming — I LOVE the congas. I’ve studied with percussive luminaries like Luis Conte (Madonna’s drummer of choice). He calls me “the Natural.” ‘Cause I’ve got rhythm.
4. And speaking of rhythm — I LOVE teaching. I’ve been teaching online courses on esoteric mysticism, mythology + archetypes for over 6 years. For me, teaching is all about helping my students understand their own stories — their impulses, desires + creative rhythms — just a little bit better.
5. I’m not a perfect entrepreneur. Shocker, I know. I procrastinate, make mistakes, get timid, invest in things I (maybe) shouldn’t, and read other people’s blogs when I ought to be working on my own. But 9 times out of 10, my business-intuition is spot on. And like most human beings, I teach the lessons I need to learn.
6. In my oodles of spare time (eye roll here), I’m penning a sacred erotica love story based on the Hans Christian Anderson classic The Little Mermaid. Not the Disney version of The Little Mermaid to be sure!
Kris Oster, Ph.D worked as a marketing director and lead producer for the likes of Citrix Online (makers of GotoMeeting), E! Entertainment Television, Laundry by Shelli Segal, Perry Ellis, Disney, ABC and Paramount Pictures. Once, she made her employer over $1 million with a single e-newsletter. Not bad, for a “hippie dancer/drummer chick.”
Between 2002 and 2010 Kris completed her Masters and Ph.D in the fields of Mythological Studies and Depth Psychology where she dived into the worlds of Jungian psychology, archetypes, fairytales, myths and comparative religion.
But, like you, she heard the siren’s call and decided to pursue a life of satisfaction, doing what she loves, on her own terms.
Kris inspires entrepreneurs who are determined to find more magic and meaning in their livelihood. Through strategy consultations [link to work with me page] with heart-centered business owners, she helps them uncover their own brand uniqueness, and reveal their raw + vulnerable greatness so they can become entrepreneurial legends.
When Kris isn’t working, you can find her basking along the California coastline, wildly dancing her prayers, playing congas, going on dates with her sexy husband, playing in the surf with her 7-year old girl, or talking to her celestial guides, including Jesus and Mer-Angels. Yup, literally.